Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Another ?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where do you guys get money for all the things we all want? Do you guys have any tips for getting money or getting things out of your parents after they've already given you the "how many dolls do you need" talk? I have 12-13 dolls.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 31, 2005 04:17 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  2. #2
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Sometimes we have to sell other things to get the ones we want the most. I tell my DD that 3 dolls is the limit and she reached that limit this year so no more dolls. But since I'm addicted to AG myself I'm sure she will get more dolls. You could try earning the money or asking for money or an AG gift certificate when your birthday and Christmas comes around. I would rather my DD spend her own money on what she wants than fork out the money myself and your parents may like that idea, too.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am a older collector, so no kids in the house, just my Husband and myself. So there is a bit more money for me to spend on the dolls and their accessories.

    Also remember you don't have to get every doll today. You can take your time and enjoy each doll as you get them.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes...I used to want everything for every doll, but now I've limited it to Felicity's items and LE dolls. I'm just afraid that they'll discontinue something that I'll later really want and will be frustrated that I didn't get it. That happened with a couple of previous Felicity items.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 31, 2005 04:19 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member calyndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am an adult collector too, but I started when I was a little girl about 7 and I have gotten a doll every year or two since then. There were a few years when my family thought I would "grow out" of collecting and then I got less from them as gifts, but they have figured out that after 17 years I am not going to stop and now I get doll things for presents again. I also buy my own items, but I have a job (I'm a teacher)and live by myself.

    ~Abby

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •